Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Election's and Civil Rights

I just want to start by quoting Martin Luther King, Jr..."I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.” I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today." http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0874987.html.

Now on to what I want to see. I was listening to the radio this morning, 97.3, and they were saying something that just happened in Texas with a Civil Right's Attorney making a comment about Barack Obama and the election that just set me off and I am so mad about this because she is an attorney for civil right's and she makes a comment like she did.

She said that no Hispanic will ever vote for a black president. How wrong is she for saying that? I support Obama. She as went on to say that there is no way that there will ever be a black president or a black person in office because Hispanic doesn’t support blacks. No where did she ever state that this is just here opinion she stated that it is for all Hispanic which I just don't strongly disagree with her, I am very upset that she would say that all Hispanic think that way. But I think that what has me more mad is the fact that she is a civil right's attorney, and if anyone knows their history, civil right's were created at the time for African American. I really do not like that she would be saying that there could never be an African American but wait she said a black person in office. To me there is no difference to who the person is. If there is someone that is going to fix everything that the Bash's have done and is there to support the US as a whole no matter who they are, and then they work for me. But for someone that is a civil right's attorney and well known in Texas to make a comment like she did. I am sorry but I don't think that she should be an attorney for civil rights. Yes, I know that she has the right to say what she wants to say but when she puts all Hispanic in her thoughts, then that is wrong.

I want to know if what Martin Luther King, Jr., JFK, and Robert were fighting for that they lost their lives for everyone. When I was growing up I did not know that there was ever a fight for African Americans to be free until one day my teacher told us about MLK, Jr. and what he did for African Americans to be free and to have rights for all and freedom for everyone. That is when I learned that our history of treating everyone as an equal was not as it was when I was growing up. After I heard about MLK, Jr. I started to do research about him and the one speech that I will always remember is the one that I have quoted above and that is because all that he wanted was freedom for all and for there not to be a break between anyone. JFK and Robert supported what MLK was doing and they lost their lives for believing that all are created equal. So what did the die for if you have an attorney that says what she said about Obama? What is it that everyone is going back into time and going back to people not having rights?

I just want to know how some people can be so hateful and rude to others. We have three people that dead for believing that everyone is created as an equal so what did the die for when you have someone like her who says that there will never be a black president? If she could say something like that about an African American then Clinton should not be running because she is a woman. I just can't believe that we have come this far were people have rights and just to go back into time to when there were no rights for everyone!! There are so many things that are wrong with our country but when you have an attorney who is saying this...it just makes you think on what our country is really all about!!!! I am just so mad but at the same time disappointed that a civil right's attorney would say something like this and say that all Hispanic believe this.

No comments: